Our Wasatch Wiggle Venue

The Clubhouse on South Temple

850 East South Temple Street, 
Salt Lake City, UT 84102

Clubhouse History

In 2013 the ‘Ladies’ donated it to the non-profit Utah Heritage Foundation, which later sold the property to Photo Collective Studios of Salt Lake City with a preservation easement protecting its historic features in perpetuity.

The historic Ladies Literary Club building began the 20th century as an elegant gathering place for Utah women devoted to the arts and a world of the mind. Constructed in 1913, its Prairie-style architecture and swanky interior drew hundreds of women to readings, recitals, salons and parties.The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978.

Renamed ‘Clubhouse’, the building has undergone renovations which included refinishing all the original hardwood floors. Today it is owned and managed by the community-minded duo of Dave Brewer and Jude Gilmore. They still provide a wonderful space for community groups, photographers, and the general public to gather to celebrate both special events and daily happenings.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *